Omega 3 has been an efficient and an effective nutrient which is very beneficial to the body. A lot of health organizations even recommend foods rich in omega 3 in one’s daily diet. And the most common sources are flax seeds and several fish products. But today, a new source of Omega 3 has become popular for its potency to supply a good amount of Omega 3 in the body—calamari or calamari oil.
Calamari or squid has been known as a good source of omega 3 today. And extract from calamari or the calamari oil can be considered as a potent source of DHA and EPA, two components of omega 3 fatty acids which are efficient in supporting a healthy body. Calamari oil comes from squid trimmings processed and extracted.
Compared to other marine sources like fish oil and krill oil, calamari oil has the highest level of DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). This makes it the best choice when choosing an omega 3 fatty acid rich source. And nowadays, calamari oil has evolved to different forms like in capsule as supplements. It has actually been in the market in the past but it was not well-hugged as it is now.
But really, how efficient is omega 3 in providing good health? What can omega 3 in calamari oil contribute as a health supplement?
- To a pregnant woman, it helps her and her baby attain good health. Pregnant woman can take omega 3 to enhance the growth not only of the fetus’ brain but the overall development of fetus as well.
- Omega 3 lessens the risk of getting or worsening heart problems. It prevents worse heart condition leading to heart attack.
- It can lessen cholesterol levels and prevent high blood pressure. So taking a good amount of omega 3 may ease high blood pressure that can lead to stroke.
- It reduces the risk of getting tough illnesses such as breast and colon cancer.
- Omega 3 can help in different pre-existing health condition such us arthritis and diabetes as well as asthma.
- It helps in attaining good vision and helps in keeping the brain alert.
- It helps reduce inflammation fast.
- Omega 3 also facilitates smooth bowel movements.
Taking omega 3 is helpful in different aspect as far as health is concerned. It has become beneficial not only to adults but to the general including pregnant women. Kids can benefit from calamari oil and omega-3 too as this is the age where a lot of human body development takes place. Generally, omega 3 should be a staple in everyone’s diet as it is very helpful in the growth, development and maintenance of the human body and the prevention of health problems.
Calamari oil is gaining popularity today as a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids specifically DHA. The trend itself showed how people respond to the calamari oil’s capability to attain a well and healthy body.